Share Buttons

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Challenge Is YOU: Bring ON 2014!

Another year has come and passed. 2013 was full of awesome experiences and challenges for myself. I finished my first year of teaching, got engaged, bought a house, and landed my dream job at my alma mater. It was a lot of steps in one year but steps that have made me into a better, more well rounded person.

As a new year approaches, I always try and reflect on what do I want to accomplish/get better at? My goal for 2014 is to challenge myself to go where I have never gone before. To be bold, daring, and willing to challenge my mind and body in ways they have never been. We has humans have an innate ability to want to stay the same. We are creatures of habit. 2014 for me is all about breaking the habit and challenging myself to be my best. We never get time back in life. Make the most of today so you have no regrets tomorrow!

My challenge to myself is in three core areas: fitness & health, relationship, and education. I can't prevent death, but I can sure as heck lower its odds! With getting married this summer, it is important to work on the most important relationship I have in life, my wife. Lastly, wisdom in life only comes from experience and learning. I look to enrich my mind with classes and experiences that will make me a stronger and wiser person in the mind.

What are you doing to challenge yourself in 2014? Did you make a plan? Goals? Remember, we either get better or worse each day, the choice is yours!  To a happy and healthy 2014! 

-Rob D

No comments:

Post a Comment