Share Buttons

Thursday, January 19, 2012

We All Need To Believe In Something


Over the past month I have been listening to a book called "The Art of Exceptional Living" by Jim Rohn. In one of his lectures, he describes in grave detail the importance of a personal life philosophy. He states that "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out." I decided to do some soul searching and reflecting and have put together my own personal philosophy and core beliefs. What are yours? 

  • I believe that our attitude reflects our altitude and by choosing to have a better attitude, we choose to have a better life.
  • I believe that your true worth in life is determined by how much you give in value than you receive in payment. 
  • I believe that if you want success, you have to study it, plan for it, think it, and believe it!
  • I believe that you don’t have to be a leader to lead and mentor others.
  • I believe in the power and value of building, growing, and developing positive relationships.
  • I believe in always choosing to rise one more time than you fall.
  • I believe that everyone has a purpose on this planet and they were meant to do something special.
  • I believe that every interaction we have with someone is an opportunity to touch a life in a positive way.
  • I believe that discipline is the gap between goals and success.
  • I believe that laughter is the best medicine.
  •  I believe that formal education will make you a living, but self education will make you a fortune.
  • I believe that the only way to conquer a fear is to just do it because we miss 100% of the shots we don’t take.
  • I believe in family values, virtues, and traditions.
  • I believe the greatest gift we can leave mankind is the legacy we create for ourselves each day we are alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment